Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Passion

       At the age of seventeen i felt that God was calling me to do a great cause. I kept searching for my calling and untill the age twenty-five i told my parents I wanted to become a nurse but my parents refused to let their daughter become a nurse. My desire to become a nurse became stronger when I met Elizabeth Blackwell in London. She inspired me because she was the first woman to qualify as a doctor in the United States. She encouraged me to keep on trying to get my parents to understand my passion in life. In 1851 my father gave me the permission to train as a nurse. I was so excited about the news that my father gave me. I could finally become a nurse and do what i love.I know that i am going to enjoy my calling because this was what i really wanted to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment